PUMPKIN BREAKFAST COOKIES
OCT 06, 2016
I have a bit of a love affair with pumpkin. A not so secret love affair if you will. The kind that takes hold when pumpkin puree is on sale at the grocery store and I buy way too many cans of it – and they never make it past Christmas (as hard as I try). So when a little birdie showed up at my office with these cookies the other day (thanks Beth!) courtesy of Leealicious I knew I had to try these out myself! Scroll down below for these super easy, nutrition packed, actually-good-for-you cookies!
¼ cup coconut oil, melted
¼ cup maple syrup
1 cup rolled old-fashioned oats
1 cup quick cooking oats
3 scoops protein powder
⅔ cup unsweetened, dried cranberries
⅔ cup chopped almonds
⅔ cup raisins
¼ cup ground flaxseed
3 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
½ tsp all spice
½ tsp ginger
½ teaspoon sea salt
½ cup pumpkin puree
2 eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl warm coconut oil and mix with honey
- In a large bowl combine both kinds of oats, protein powder cranberries, almonds, raisins, ground flax, spices and salt. Add pumpkin puree, eggs and warmed coconut oil and honey. Stir until fully combined.
- Drop about ¼ cup sized scoops of the mixture onto a cookie sheet and flatten.. Bake for about 15-20 minutes until edges are lightly browned.
- Consume when cooled or store in air-tight container
PAIN FREE LIVING
I'm all about living pain-free. Aches and pain slow us down and make us feel like crap, and I'm not a fan of that kind of life. So I designed a pain-free grocery guide for every shopping trip to the store - just for you! Want in? Sign up and this handy list will be in your inbox faster than you can say 'yes please'!
I WANT IN